Mr.Volcano's Forums

Welcome to Mr.Volcano's Forums. A place for all your needs. Please feel free to browse and post in our forum. If you don't already have an account, please register.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

EV Training!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flare
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Male
Number of posts : 142
Catchphrase : How you doin'?
Job : Bein' HOT!
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: EV Training!!!   Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:38 am

This is used to make the most powerfull pokemon and results have been amazing!!! Debate on what are good combos and EVs for certain Pokemon!

View user profile
Mr.Volcano
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 148
Catchphrase : Blowin stuffz up (really)
Job : ...snowboarding :D
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

I never really have understood how to EV train...someone tell me...!!!

怒っている私がいかに今あるか理解するか?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrvolcanoforums.coolbb.net
Glacius
Elite Four
Elite Four

Male
Number of posts : 87
Catchphrase : Certavi et vici!
Job : Ranger of the Frozen Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:22 am

Ok. In ALL Pokemon games, when you beat a Pokemon, be it wild or a Trainer's, you receive not only Exp., but also EVs. EV stands for Effort Value. Different Pokemon give you different EVs. For instance, Gyarados would give you 2 Attack EVs if you beat one, and Bidoof gives you 1 HP EV. If a Pokemon has PokeRus, the amount of EVs is doubled. If you are holding a Power Item, you receive 4 more EVs in whatever the item specifies. (eg: The Power Anklet gives +4 Spd EVs, the Power Weight gives +4 HP EVs, the Power Bracer gives +4 Atk EVs) If you beat a Bidoof(+1 HP EV) while holding a Power Anklet(+4 Spd EVs), you will still receive the 1 HP EV, but also 4 Spd EVs. All of the Power Items decrease your speed in a battle, just to tell you. The Macho Brace doubles ANY AND ALL EVs that a Pokemon holding it would receive in a battle. If you battle a Gyarados with a Jolteon holding a Power Anklet and you have an Igglybuff in your party holding an Exp. Share and your Jolteon defeats the Gyarados, then your Jolteon will gain the +2 Atk EVs for defeating the Gyarados and +4 Spd EVs for holding the Power Anklet. The Igglybuff would get +2 Atk EVs for holding the Exp. Share, which doesn't "share" EVs as it does Experience, but more doubles and then gives the EVs. If your Jolteon had PokeRus, then it would get +4 Atk for the Gyarados and +8 Spd for the Anklet, and if your Igglybuff had PokeRus, then it owuld get +4 Atk for the Gyarados/Exp. Share. A single Pokemon can have ONLY 510 EVs IN TOTAL. Each stat can have a MAXIMUM of 255 EVs, and for every 4 EVs you have in one stat, when you reach level 100, you will have 1 more point in that stat. The most amount of points you can get for a single stat is 63 (255/4). With the Evs/4, the result is always rounded DOWN. If you want to be practical, however, you would only give 252 EVs in two stats, because 255/4 rounded down is 63, just like 252/4 rounded down. And, once you put 252 in one stat and 252 in another, you still have 6 EVs left to put in another stat, which will increase it by 1. While this may seem like a little amount, this one point can decide a battle.
Hope I helped!

^Glacius's Elite Four Emblem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flare
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:08 am

Shocked OK I totally didn't read that.....But EV training is really worth it! You can read it because I already know about EVS! HAHA Sucks for you!

View user profile
Mr.Volcano
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 148
Catchphrase : Blowin stuffz up (really)
Job : ...snowboarding :D
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:15 pm

Neutral OK thanks Glacius. I'm gunna EV train my Bidoof on Gyrados. KILLER BIDOOF!!! :B lol

怒っている私がいかに今あるか理解するか?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrvolcanoforums.coolbb.net
Flare
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Mr.Volcano wrote:
Neutral OK thanks Glacius. I'm gunna EV train my Bidoof on Gyrados. KILLER BIDOOF!!! :B lol

Heheh but try to have a lot of sweepers on your team cause they are the only things that keep the battle moving

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EV Training!!!   

Back to top Go down

EV Training!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1